Boldly Christian. Unquestionably Academic.
Providence is a Christ-centered, college-preparatory school serving over 1,300 students. There are four academic divisions: High School (9th-12th), Middle School (6th-8th), Lower School (K-5th), and Preschool (ages 2-5).
Providence School was established in 1997 with a vision to offer an exemplary, college preparatory education in a Christian environment. Our students are fulfilling that vision everyday. A byproduct of the excellence of our students, parents and teachers is a strong Christian community that glorifies Christ. We call that Providence Strong!
Beginning with PreK-2 through 12th grade our proven program excels because we know educating a student is more than just textbooks and lectures. At Providence, our teachers instill a love of learning and critical thinking through both core and elective courses. We offer over 40 Advance Placement and honors classes. Our innovative technology program begins in pre-elementary school and is designed to support learning and prepare them to succeed in the digital age. We have consistently beaten the state and national averages on SAT and ACT scores and have had multiple merit finalists and semi-finalists. Our distinguished faculty are all certified and forty percent of them have earned advanced degrees.
Providence also has one of the strongest high school athletic programs in Northeast Florida, winning District, Regional and State Championships. Our students have been recognized by ESPN, Sports Illustrated and Max Preps. Many of our athletes receive college scholarships and some have even excelled to the professional level.
Visual and performing arts courses offer students the opportunity to nurture and explore their God-given talents, and share those gifts in significant ways. Our musical theatre department presented the Broadway hit, Mary Poppins, this year. Our Visual Arts and Dance programs have earned numerous awards and college scholarships.
Our distinguished students are doctors, lawyers, politicians, artists, scientists, actors, professional athletes, and teachers. They have attended schools like: Princeton, Georgetown, Duke, Temple, West Point, and The Citadel. They share a common spirit, which exemplifies academic excellence, unique talents & gifts and a passion to fulfill God’s plan for their lives. They have left their marks on Providence and Providence has become part of them. They are ready to impact their world.
Providence School prepares its students to be boldly Christian and unquestionably academic servant leaders who change the world.
Our goal is to prepare students with the skills needed to become productive and responsible citizens in the twenty-first century. We want students to realize that God’s ultimate purpose for man is to develop each individual to his/her fullest capacity physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually (I Corinthians 10:31; Ecclesiastes 12:13)
We hope to instill an awareness and appreciation of intellectual, aesthetic and moral excellence. The environment will include well developed programs in the areas of college preparatory academics, fine arts, and athletics. Students will have opportunities to seek and to discover God’s will (Romans 12:11; II Timothy 2:15; Deuteronomy 26:17)
Parents and teachers work cooperatively in the process of educating a child’s mind and heart (Deuteronomy 6:1-9; Ephesians 6:4). In the achievement of these goals, we will rely on the Bible as the spiritual guide. High educational standards and building a personal relationship with the Lord (Philippians 3:10) will flow naturally in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the only true God. We believe that the Godhead eternally exists in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (John 17:3; Matthew 28:19-20)
- We believe in the total deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe He is the manifestation of God in the flesh. We believe He was born of the Virgin Mary. (John 1:1,14,18; John 14:8-9; I Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ during this age. (Romans 8:9-17)
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. We recognize no other revelation in writings or in life other than the Old and New Testaments and Jesus Christ. (II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that man was created in innocence under the law of his Maker, but by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless state. We believe that without exception every man is totally depraved and needs a Savior. (Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 3:10-19; Romans 1:18, 32)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice. We believe that all who receive Him by faith as their personal Savior are justified on the basis of His blood shed on Calvary. (Romans 5:8; 10:9-10)
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven, and His present life there for us, as high priest and advocate. (Romans 8:34; I Corinthians 15:3-8)
- We believe in “that blessed hope, the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost. (Revelations 20:11-15; Acts 24:15)
- We believe that the local church is a body of believers, organized for worship, work, and fellowship, that the two ordinances of the church are baptism (immersion) and the Lord’s Supper; that the local church is an independent and self-governing body responsible alone to Christ who is its Savior and Lord. (I Timothy 3:15; Matthew 28:18-20; I Corinthians 11:23-26)
- We hold the state of marriage to be an expression of a Biblical standard and the union between a man and a woman. Violations of this sacred trust include areas such as fornication, adultery, homosexuality, bisexuality, transgender and co-habitation prior to marriage. (Genesis 1:27, 2:24; Matthew 19:4-5; Romans 12:1, 2, 26 and 27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Ephesians 5:3)
- We believe in unity in the essentials, understanding in the non-essentials, and love in all things. (Psalm 133:1)