Join us for...
the Spring Musical
From Mrs. Hudson, Your director:
- Make sure you have signed up for an audition time slot with a partner for either Monday or Tuesday. This sign up is on my classroom door. If you are quarantined until Monday please email me and I will assign you a time slot!
- Get an audition packet from me (or print the one that is attached) and fill the last 3 pages out completely. BRING THIS to your audition – make sure your back page is signed by your teachers/guidance counselor/your parent/you.
- Watch this video for a general tutorial about how auditions work and what you can expect: https://youtu.be/3Up2zs3wV6g
- Watch this video for a music selection specific video about the SONG portion of the audition: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=K3C9MftFFWA
- Email me for any additional questions!
From Ms. Riner, Your Choreographer:
I am looking forward to seeing each of you next week. It has been quite a while since we’ve danced, and it’ll be great!
This video is to help you prepare for your dance audition. Do your best to memorize the steps and find a way to bring FUN to life! I’m looking for people who move differently for each dance & music style–embody the music. Due to COVID, studio space has been difficult to come by. As a result, this video is not as in depth as previous ones have been. However, this is not a “dance” show–the technique is not as advanced in previous years, but the characterization and zany personalities need to be larger than life!
In the video, I did not repeat the choreography as much, but you can pause, rewind & play again whatever sections you need. I know you’ve only got a week, but that is part of the process. Do not stress over it–do your best & what I see at auditions will inform my choreography, so that it is shaped to fit the cast.
I cannot wait to see what each of you bring to my choreography! I’ll see you on Wednesday!!
(We’re not doing the Jr. version, but the Jr. finale allows us to dance to several of the songs in one piece.)