OneDrive for Business is part of Office 365 and offers the ability to store files in the cloud, access them from multiple computers, and share them with others.
Users of Windows 7/8/10 can either access their OneDrive for Business through the Web, or by installing the OneDrive for Windows Sync Client. The information on this page explains how to configure the OneDrive for Business client. Windows users can also utilize the OneDrive for Business App.
1. Confirm that your computer has OneDrive for Business 2013 client installed.
This client comes with recent versions of Office 2013 and through Microsoft Office updates. To check for this, click the Start button, select All Programs, highlight Microsoft Office 2013 and see if it is in the list.
If OneDrive for Business 2013 is not installed on your computer, you should login to Office 365 through the school link on the front page.
2. Log in to Outlook Web App at the following URL: http://outlook.com/stu.prov.org
Note: This is a one-time step necessary to simply configuration and is not needed for future OneDrive for Business use.
3. Click the OneDrive link in the upper-right area of the screen, and then click sync.
4. If did not have OneDrive for Business 2013 installed when you checked in step 1, you can obtain it by clicking the Get the OneDrive for Business app that’s right for me link. If you had OneDrive for Business 2013 already, proceed to step 5.
Note: Client software is available under the “OneDrive for Business sync client installers section beneath “English. The “x86³ version is for 32-bit versions of Windows, and the “x64³ is for 64-bit versions. If you are unsure as to which version you need, click the Start button, right click Computer and choose Properties. The resulting screen should indicate Windows being either a 32-bit or 64-bit version.
5. Click Sync now, and if you are prompted to click Allow, do so.
6. Type in your actual Providence Stallion ID ( e.g. smithJon) followed by @stu.prov.org in the “Sign in box, and then click Next.
7. Type your Providence Stallion ID password in the Password: space, and then click Sign in
8. Click the Sync Now button.
9. Click the Show my files… button to look at files in your account that have synchronized with your computer.
Accessing your OneDrive for Business
With OneDrive for Business 2013 installed, you can access your account’s contents at any time by clicking the arrow in the bottom right corner of your screen and double clicking the blue cloud icon.
You can also access it in the “Favorites area of a Windows Explorer window.
To enable using your OneDrive for Business with Office 2013 applications, please visit our Accessing OneDrive for Business Office 2013 Integration page.