Please remember we are a school and have students walking in the driving and parking areas. We ask that you always drive as if your own child is in the parking lot. Speeding, illegally passing cars and cutting through parking spaces is not allowed, as this seriously increases the chances of an accident. We ask that you refrain from the use of all mobile devices while in the carline lanes.
• Traffic is especially heavy at peak times (20 minutes before and after the start and dismissal of school for all age groups).
• Remember that the first week is always particularly hectic, so we do ask for your patience as our parents become acquainted with the traffic pattern. Please allow extra time in your schedule for drop off during the first week.
There are three lanes for carline –
All vehicles dropping off a K-2 student should enter from the North entrance and drop off in the lane closest to the building and is noted on the map with the red dashed line.
All vehicles dropping off a 3-12 student may enter from the North or the South entrance and follow the noted blue lines on the map.
•If entering from the North with 3-12 students any of the three lanes may be used for car pool in the morning. Please keep traffic moving by going into the shortest lane.
•If entering from the South with 3-12 students only the lane going through the parking lot may be used for car pool.
All lanes have designated drop off/pick-up locations – please proceed to the next available location to drop off/pick-up of students.
• For the lane closest to the building drop off/pick-up locations are designated by the tall blue delineators and there will be a patrol to open the door to assist the students. Please pull the front of car even with blue delineator and then stop. Students should be ready to leave the car when the car stops.
• For the middle lane drop off/pick-up locations are designated by the tall blue delineators. Please pull the front of car even with blue delineator and then stop. Students should be ready to leave the car when the car stops.
• For the lane through the parking lot the locations are designated by the lime cones with the tape around the top. Please pull the front of car even with cone and then stop. Students should be ready to leave the car when the car stops.
**For the safety of all of our students, when vehicles are stopped in the appropriate locations in all three lanes, there should be at least 6 feet between the back of one car and the front of another car.
Parents wanting to park for drop-off or pick-up, must park in the designated lot and cross and at the designated location – monitored by a faculty member. The Parent Lot is labeled on the map.
We appreciate your assistance in keeping everyone in the Providence family safe during carline by following the aforementioned guidelines.
Parking on Campus: All students who drive to school and park on campus must fill out the Student Vehicle Registration form online at www.prov.org/campus-life/forms and purchase a parking decal from the Upper School Office.