It is always our pleasure to welcome our families to our campus for the start of a great school year.
Friday, August 4, 2023
Book/Supply Drop-off (Students welcome)
Grades K-5 – 9:00 – 11:00 AM (Classrooms)
Monday, August 7, 2023
Parent Orientation (No students please due to space)
Grades K-2 – 3:00-4:00 PM (Classrooms)
Parent Meeting w/ Administration 4:10-4:40 PM
Grades 3-5 – 4:45-5:45 PM (Classrooms)
Student Prep Day is for ALL Middle/High School students, both new and returning to Providence. All students must be in complete school uniform to have their ID Badge made. For our young men, this includes wearing a uniform polo shirt with uniform pants or shorts, being clean shaven, and having their haircut in compliance. For our young ladies, this includes wearing a uniform polo shirt with pants or shorts/skorts of appropriate length. All students will receive their ID badges and locker assignments. This time will be used for the students to bring all supplies to the school in order to set up their lockers. For IT assistance, students need to bring their devices. Students should log in to FACTS Family to view a copy of their updated schedule to bring for prep day.
Grades 9–12, August 3rd
- 9th grade 8:00–9:15
- 10th grade 9:15–10:30
- 11th grade 10:30–11:45
- Closed for lunch 11:45–12:45
- 12th grade 12:45–2:00
Grades 6–8, August 4th
- 6th grade 8:00–9:15
- 7th grade 9:15–10:30
- 8th grade 10:30–11:45
Middle & High School Curriculum Night
Monday, August 7, 2022 – 6:00 – 8:30 PM
Parents will have an opportunity to visit their student’s classrooms and meet their teachers. The teachers will be giving an overview of their course. Due to time constraints, this is not the time for parent conferences or individual conversations with teachers. In the interest of space in the classrooms, students are not invited to attend. Please make sure you bring a copy of your child’s schedule from FACTS (print or login on phone).
Sports Physical Day
Tuesday, July 18 – 4:30 PM – 7 PM
Sports physicals are back! Easy. Convenient. Affordable. Bring your rising 6th -12th-grade students in for their FHSAA sports physicals at Providence School. Please refer to the Athletic Resources page for all necessary forms. All athletes must have a completed physical and other necessary forms in order to participate in athletics at Providence.
The school will purchase the books and a textbook fee will be added to your FACTS account. By doing this as a school, we are able to offer significant savings to families. There will be a set fee per grade level for K-6 as the students all need the same books. For students in grades 7-12, the fees will be assessed by course (book costs are different for the courses). Please do not purchase books from others based on the books used in prior years. Teachers have also requested that consumable books not be passed on, as the students may have already written in them, answered questions, highlighted, annotated and the teacher will teach those skills each year to the students (K-12).
The school will purchase textbooks for students in grades K – 5. This will include the purchase of consumable books, novels, resource books, etc. The cost of these books will match the grade level and will be charged to your FACTS account. This fee should be paid by the beginning of August.
Middle & Upper School
The school will purchase electronic books for all students in grades 6–12 (that are available in digital format) and the consumable books, novels, resource books, etc. As previously stated to upper school students, if a student changes courses during drop/add, they may be responsible for the cost of the book already ordered for the current course. The cost of these books will match the courses chosen and will be charged to your FACTS account towards the end of the Summer. This fee will be added to your FACTS account and should be paid by August 1, 2023.
If your child is in grades 6–12 and prefers a physical copy of the electronic book, we will have the ISBN numbers of books that are available for you to procure on your own. This list will be available in the FACTS portal under resources. The students will still be provided with an electronic version.
If your child prefers a physical copy of the electronic book, the ISBN numbers of books that are available for you to procure on your own. This list will be available in the FACTS portal under resources. The students will still be provided with an electronic version.
Please remember we are a school and have students walking in the driving and parking areas. We ask that you drive as if your child is in the parking lot.
- Do Not Speed – Speeding, illegally passing cars and cutting through parking spaces is not allowed as this seriously increases the chances of an accident.
- Do Not Use Mobile Devices – We ask that you refrain from the use of mobile devices while in the carpool lanes. Traffic is especially heavy at peak times (20 minutes before and after the start and dismissal of school).
There are THREE lanes for carline:
- All lanes have designated drop-off locations. Please proceed to the next available location to drop off students. For the safety of all of our students, when vehicles are stopped in the appropriate spots, there should be 6 feet between the back of one car and the front of another. The front of your car should line up with one of the BLUE stanchions.
- All vehicles dropping off students in grades K-2 must enter from the North entrance (at the light) and drop off in the lane closest to the building following the red dashed line. They will be escorted into the building by patrols. Patrols are off-duty by 7:55 a.m. The K-2 grade students must wear their personal signs when dropped off for the first several weeks.
- Vehicles dropping off only 3-12 graders may enter from the North or the South entrance and follow the blue lines. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A KINDERGARTENER, 1ST GRADE, OR 2ND GRADE STUDENT, YOU MAY NOT DROP OFF NEXT TO THE BUILDING UNTIL 8 AM. These cars should never be in the red line coming from the North entrance.
If entering from the South only the lane going through the parking lot may be used.
Student drivers should enter at the North entrance (at the light) and park in their assigned space.Lower School PM Pick UP Map
- K-5, everyone must display the school-issued sign – anyone not appropriately displaying the sign will be sent around carline. (Please display the sign of the youngest child being picked up – siblings are combined outside.) A pants hanger from the rear view mirror is the best method to use to display carline tag. Please do not block any crosswalks.
- K-1 must enter from the NORTH (at the light) and follow the red line to pick-up. Please be gracious and allow the families coming from the North (Atlantic Blvd direction) to merge into the correct lane. K-1 students will be loaded on the passenger side.
- 2nd Grade must enter from the NORTH (at the light) and follow the BLUE line, the lane that will be next to the playground when you round the corner. Your children will be stationed in the safe area in the blocked parking spaces and loaded on the driver’s side from the grassy area. 2nd Grade students will be loaded on the driver’s side.
- 3,4, & 5 must enter from the SOUTH and proceed through the parking lot to pick-up in the parking lot area in front of the school. Students will be stationed in the safe area in the blocked parking spaces. 3, 4, & 5 students will be loaded on the passenger side.
Once you have your child(ren), please remove the sign from your rearview mirror and proceed to the travel lane (middle lane if coming from the North and to the left of the cars in the parking lot) to make your way off the property.Upper School PM Pick UP Map
- Upper School families should wait to arrive on the property to not interfere with Lower School Carline – you will be asked to move if you enter one of the lower school lanes prior to completion of Carline.
- If you have an upper school student (6-12), with lower school siblings, his/her lower school sibling(s) will be placed in sibling pick-up in the main dining hall until Upper School is dismissed. The older sibling signs out the younger sibling(s).
- If you have an upper school student and are coming at that dismissal time, do not display your lower school sign.
- 6-12 grade families should follow the same patterns for pick-up as they did for arrival and must keep moving forward with the flow of traffic.
We appreciate your assistance in keeping everyone in the Providence family safe during the carline.Student Driver AM/PM Map
Please observe the “No Parking” in the fire lanes or the lanes in front of the school. Please always use the designated crosswalks and do not block them. Students are watching for role models.
Extended Day is accepting K-8 applications for students requiring before and after-school care. Hours of operation for Extended Day are from 7:00 am – 7:30 am and then end of school day – 6:00 pm.
Lower School (Grades K-5)
M, T, Th, Fri – 8:00 AM to 2:55 PM
Wed Early Release – 8:00 AM to 2:25 PM
Half-Day – 8:00 AM to 11:45 AM
Middle & High School (Grades 6-12)
M, T, Th, Fri – 8:10 AM to 3:15 PM
Wed Early Release – 8:10 AM to 2:45 PM
Half-Day – 8:10 AM to 12:10 PM
The purpose of Early Release on Wednesdays is for Professional Development.
US Office Hours: 7:30 – 3:30 PM
Summer Office Hours:
9:00 – 2:00 PM (Monday – Thursday)
The Student Handbook is available to view in FACTS Family. Parent/Guardian acknowledgment of the handbook was included in the enrollment process, and a printed copy of the handbook will go home at the beginning of the year, with a form for both parent/guardian and student to sign for receipt and acknowledgment. Please take the time to read this document to understand student expectations.
All summer reading must be complete by the first day of school.
Log into your Facts Family (make sure the correct student is showing in center drop down box), and under SCHOOL select CLASSES, then click on Homeroom (HR) to find the RESOURCES tab.
TI-Nspire CX CAS II Graphing Calculator
Students in grades 8-12 (and all students in Algebra I, including 7th grade) will need a TI-Nspire CX CAS II Graphing Calculator for their math classes and certain science classes. The calculator package will include a charger, student software and a 3-year warranty on factory defects or damage from classroom use. Ultimately, this calculator will be used at the college level as well.
11153 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32246, 904-646-0493
Hours: M-F 10 AM – 6 PM, S 10 AM – 2 PM; closed on Sundays.
PTP Used Uniform Sale
Saturday, July 22, 2023 – 9 AM – 3 PM
Please see the Student Handbook in FACTS Family for uniform expectations.