Preschool | Providence School
“Our goal at Providence Preschool is to partner with parents to develop a lifelong love of learning; to instill a desire to know Jesus Christ as Lord; and to nurture each child to strive toward excellence in personal, spiritual, physical, and academic growth.”
Providence is located on Hodges Boulevard one block off of the Beach Boulevard corridor. Our school's location was chosen for easy accessibility but not high visibility as those schools located on a busy boulevard. Security is most important in this day and age. Our classrooms are designed with defined play areas that allow for constant visual supervision. Each classroom has child-size furnishings and attached bathrooms. The outer hallways offer “viewing windows” to all of our classrooms including the dining hall and inside the park.
Providence Preschool is licensed by ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and is accredited by the Florida Kindergarten Council.
ACSI certifies each staff member. Teachers are trained, Christian professionals, who have various degrees and certifications. All staff are CPR/First Aid certified. Teachers are required to continue their professional development and training annually.
Our maximum class size for three and four year olds is sixteen children with a teacher and an assistant teacher. Two year old classrooms do not exceed twelve children with a teacher and assistant teacher.
Providence Preschool is a participant in the Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program offered by the state of Florida. If your child turns 4 by September 1, he or she is eligible to participate. VPK will pay for a portion of your child’s full or extended day at Providence or for the entire preschool (3 hour) program.
Providence Preschool provides a Christ-centered curriculum. The structure of our day allows children time for self initiated activities as well as those that are teacher-guided. Our teachers create opportunities for our students to explore, experiment, and develop personal skills to work with others.
OUR CURRICULUM GOALS
- To help children form a positive view of their position as a child of God.
- To encourage spiritual development.
- To inspire children to gain independence.
- To learn to work and play cooperatively with others.
- To enable children to express themselves through a variety of media.
- To learn beginning literacy skills, using oral language and print awareness.
- To acquire patterning, matching, positional and number awareness skills.
- To develop higher level thinking skills brought on by observation, problem solving and by inquiry.
- To nurture curiosity and creativity.
- To build a foundation for the love of learning and enthusiasm about school.
CHRIST CENTERED • ACADEMICALLY MINDED • RELATIONALLY FOCUSED • EXCELLENCE DRIVEN
CARE is used as an acronym to express the core values that comprise the development of a caring school community. Providence leaders believe that a quality caring, distinctively Christian community demonstrates these core values in its overall program of Christian Education.
|Morning Preschool Program||8:00 AM - 11:30 AM||Ages 2 and 3|
|VPK Program (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten)|
|Morning Preschool||8:15 AM - 11:30 AM||Ages 4 and 5|
|Afternoon Preschool||12:15 PM - 3:30 PM||Ages 4 and 5|
Preschool with Extended Day
|Morning Preschool with Extended Day||8:00 AM - 3:00 PM||Ages 2 and 3|
|VPK Program (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten) with Extended Day|
|VPK with Extended Day||8:00 AM - 3:00 PM||Ages 4 and 5|
Preschool with Full Day
|A full day is considered 10 hours. Full Day Preschool is available Monday through Friday for 10 hours of your choosing from 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM daily.|
|Preschool with Full Day||7:00 AM - 6:00 PM||Ages 2 and 3|
|VPK Program (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten) with Full Day|
|VPK with Full Day||7:00 AM - 6:00 PM||Ages 4 and 5|
- FACTS Tuition Payment
- 2015-2016 Academic Calendar
- Lunch Information (select "PCDC" from the Menu dropdown)
For an additional fee, Providence Preschool is now offering the following optional classes:
- Team PlayBall Registration
- Violin Adventures (Intro to Violin for K-4 children)
- Martial Arts
- Dance Class ON LOCATION with Mazza-Smith Dance